Travel Consent – Do you need it?

It’s that time of year again.  School holidays are just around the corner; travel arrangements have been made and there is excitement in the air.  But wait! Are you sure you haven’t forgotten anything?

Many people are not aware that when a minor child travels without both his/her parents, the accompanying adult is frequently asked to produce proof that they have consent to travel with the child.

Most countries accept a letter or Affidavit of Consent from the non-travelling parent(s) provided it is notarised.  This document may need to be produced on leaving and returning to the UK and also, upon entry to other countries during the course of the trip.

As a Notary Public, my individual seal of office is recognised world-wide.  I can draft the necessary travel documents for you and in most cases, your document will be ready to take away with you the day that we meet.

Remember I work throughout Essex and Suffolk and work as a Notary Public in Ipswich and Sudbury and elsewhere on a regular basis.  I also provide a mobile Notary Public service and an out of hours service.

Travel safely and be prepared!

For further information contact me at on 07944 186 221