Chinese Embassy Update

Countries signed up to the Hague Convention on Apostilles only require documents to be legalised by application to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.  However there are still countries which require both an Apostille and then a further process of legalisation at their own Embassy/Consulate.

Documents intended for China have always required the further legalisation process but I have just heard that the Chinese Embassy is now requiring additional documents to be produced for each application.

Therefore with immediate effect, personal documents will need to be supported by copies of the individual’s passport; and business documents will need to be supported by the Company’s Certificate of Incorporation.

I am happy to deal with all your legalisation requirements and will speak with you about all the options for dealing with the necessary applications so that you can make an informed decision.

I work at a Notary Public in Colchester, Clacton on Sea, Frinton on Sea, Ipswich, Chelmsford and many other areas.  I provide a mobile Notary Public service for client convenience.  Call me to discuss your needs.